Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Eat Light and Fit, Be Light and Fit

If you're anything like me, you ate and drank WAY too much over the holidays.  Now that it's a new year and time for a fresh start, I have a few seemingly simple goals (in theory) in mind:

1.  Spend less/save more.
2.  Eat better.
3.  Exercise more.
4.  Drink less.

So far, in these first 4 days of 2011, I have succeeded in not drinking any alcohol and eating fewer carbs, although I still have yet to hit the gym and am still struggling to pay off those Christmas gifts and holiday trips (which I anticipate I'll be doing for quite some time).

In the spirit of focusing on the positive (as in what I have managed to achieve thus far), I thought I'd share a light and healthy carb-free recipe.  It's super easy (it literally takes under 5 minutes to make) and filling, yet light on calories and fat.  It's great for a light and healthy lunch or dinner, but of course could make a delicious breakfast/brunch option too.  Basically, it's a win-win!  Enjoy!

Smoked Salmon Omelette

2 eggs
1 Tbsp water
1 tsp dried marjoram
1/2 oz fresh chives, finely chopped
1/2 Tbsp dijon mustard
1 1/2 Tbsp low-fat sour cream
2 oz. smoked salmon

Whisk eggs, water, and herbs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper:

  
Spray frying pan with non-stick spray and heat over medium heat.  Add egg, water, and herb mixture and cook until edges begin to set.  Flip once and cook until eggs are set but still moist.  Transfer to plate:


Whisk mustard and sour cream together in small bowl:


Spread 1/2 of omelette with sour cream mixture (use as much or as little as you like):


Top with sliced smoked salmon:



Fold over  to seal and serve immediately:

No comments: