Thursday, February 11, 2010

In Honor of a Milestone

It seems that March is going to be a month of milestones. Not only am I graduating, but Paul is turning the big 3-0 (gasp), and in honor of this milestone, I wanted to do something really special. I tossed around a number of ideas and finally came up with the following. One of Paul's lifelong friend's mom, Patty Kimball, is a local painter who does amazing portrait work (you can check out a selection of her work here), so I decided to hire her to paint a portrait of our dogs. (Yes, that is right readers - I am finally writing a post about my dogs, one of the original inspirations for my blog.)

The original idea was to get the two dogs to sit nicely for a portrait together. Of course, if you have ever met my dogs, you probably realize that they are way too hyper and energetic to ever sit still for more than a minute (especially when a new and exciting person comes over to the house). So instead, we scrapped that plan and took the dogs up to the dog park. We had a fun day of watching them run around and play and Patty took a ton of pictures, which she spliced together to make the following sketches, all of which capture different parts of their personalities:



I have to say that I am really torn between number two and number three. I'd love to hear which ones you like best!

No comments: