Friday, October 24, 2008

Hooray Beer!!!

On my recent trip to Evanston, WY I acquired some beers by Rogue which were not available to me here in good old Utah. These were limited edition XS releases from Rogue that I had never tried before: Imperial Red Ale, Imperial IPA, and Imperial Stout. These beers are definitely not for the faint of heart, with the Red being 9% ABV (NOT by weight), the IPA being 9.5% ABV, and the Stout coming in at a whopping 11% ABV! But being as my favorite beer is Arrogant Bastard, I've never been much of a light beer kind of girl.
Last night I tried the Imperial Red and I loved it! It had just the right balance of hoppiness (not too hoppy) and smoothness with that signature red ale flavor. If you find yourself outside of Utah, I say go for it!





1 comment:

JayBob said...

Is this one of those bottles of beer that nearly the size of you? haha